Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Marisa & Steve Economic Stimulus Plan

Who knows what Paulson is doing to turn this economy around with the $700B bailout, not much from what I can tell* (seriously..$700B?!?! no plans, no questions asked, no nothing, and so far, no results. And Detroit Inc., which employs something like 1 out of every 10 Americans, has to beg for $14B in LOANS?!? ...but I grew up in the Detroit subburbs so maybe I'm biased. And don't get me wrong, I know the US auto makers have made some really stupid decisions).

Enough about Washington, this isn't a political blog afterall. Let me tell you about the Marisa & Steve Economic Stimulus Plan....SHOP TILL YOU DROP!! All of my training and experience was attained from world-renowned shopper, Mo V...my mom. As mentioned way back when, we didn't have much "grown-up" furniture before and we ditched the crappy stuff we'd been moving around rather than move it again. So we have a house to outfit! So far benefitting from the M&S Econ Stimulous Plan have been: Fells Point Futon, Lowes, Kohls, JC Penny, Sears, Macy's, and HomeDecorators.com (which appears to be owned by Home Depot).

Steve worked from home this afternoon to wait for delivery of our bed:



And washer-dryer

Closed:


Open!:


Next week, the couch arrives!!
We've also purchased a desk, a multi-functional-futon-chair-thing (aka, a grown-up version of a flip-and-fuck), lots of paint and supplies, and 2 comforters! Pictures when we get to it!


*we may have actually benefitted from the 'bailout'...more on that later.

3 comments:

Anthony said...

My wife and I have the same stimulus plan going in our house! Spend spend spend. Now that we're married, time to graduate to adult decor!

Corey said...

Sounds like a good plan. :-)

For furniture we are fans of craigslist, ebay, cb2, and west elm. Wish we had more money to spend there, but hopefully after refi we'll have some more dough.

Summer said...

Can I tell you how jealous I am that you have a washer/dryer on your bedroom level? I HATE hauling laundry up and down two flights of stairs! I tend to throw most of it down and ask Matt to carry it up. I would love for it to be in a more sensible location, like this. Can't wait to see your house!