Thursday, October 2, 2008

You are what you eat



I was going to start this off by saying OUR, but Marisa is actually working out in the mornings, so let me phrase it like this. MY dietary and exercise program has taken a back seat to the house. Not sure why since I am not doing any of the actual work. Needless to say, I have been absent from the gym and the past month have broken down and stocked the freezer full of microwaveable instant meals.

So much for Maryland's Buy Local campaign, or the great picks at the Sunday market. I hit the Costco frozen food aisle like nobody's business and picked out every savory calorie laden item I could find. After a month and a half, I'm starting to feel and look like a Hot Pocket!

My personal top five:
1. The Jamaican Style Beef Patty (best after a night of drinking, you can eat 20 they're that good)
2. Hot Pocket Pepperoni (tried & true, this was the original hot pocket)
3. Kirkland Signature Sausage/Bacon/Egg Muffin (great for mornings, although heating is tricky)
4. Lean Pocket Chicken/Spinach/Artichoke (Marisa bought these)
5. The Cheese Burrito (better have sick time accrued to ride this one out)

No comments: